I found this pattern and embroidery CD at the Des Moines, Iowa AQS show in October and really wanted to make this! So much so, that I found fabric at the show for it AND pulled it out to make in December. A new record? The fabric and pattern were only in house for 2 months! *snicker*
It is 12 sections that are sort of cone shaped and each are embroidered/appliqued separately in the mega hoop for my machine.
I had the top of the tree skirt done for Christmas.
I quilted it in early January.
In February, I added the binding.
This is the large tree skirt. Whereas, at this point, I vow to never make this pattern again, there is a tiny inclining in me to make the small tree skirt. *sigh* The pattern calls for 1/2 yard fabric for binding. That is not enough for bias strips for 12 scallops and the back opening and circle. I thankfully found the fabric online and could make longer strips. I do continuous bias so used an extra large square and have miles of binding left! :) But not a seam for every scallop as the 1/2 yd would have made. The fabric for the background is *just* enough for the cones. Premark before cutting, make sure you slide the cones up & down as you cut, and hold your breath you have enough at the end. It was a tight squeeze for me.