Once I had my detail guidelines marked and the ideas mostly in my head and a bit on paper, I was able to load and quilt. I only got the detail quilting done and then the customer work was flowing in fast so I took it off my frame. A hard choice to make but I knew I had enough quilting done, plus added a few pins for basting, that I could put it aside.
I used a turquoise and purple variegated thread; Superior Rainbows 802 Brasilia Blue.
This was on & off my quilt hanging rack 20 or more times while other quilts were photographed!
Some of the detail quilting —
So then it waited from early March until August.
I took a week to quilt a baby quilt and finish this mystery quilt. The Olympics were on TV so I had that as my background noise a lot while I did the small fill-in quilting. This took a bit over 10 hours of quilting time. I quilted during the day a few hours at a time and 2 nights until 10 p.m. or after to finally get it done.
I knew my current bobbin was nearing the end as I was nearing the end of my quilting and prayed I’d make it without having to wind one more bobbin. I made it with this much left! Yeah! 10:20 p.m. #yawn
I had it just draped on a chair until a weekend when I could trim it and sew on the binding. I walked into my studio one day and it was like this and I just had to have a photo. I was so glad to finally have the quilting done on one of my own quilts.
I added the soloist turquoise for binding and once that was on, it had really completed it!